What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can store small bits of data on your computer.
What are they used for?
Generally cookies are used to enable the website to function correctly, by storing where you are in a particular transaction or part of the site, so that the next page you visit can be tailored to your needs. However, they are also used for other purposes like performance analysis, website statistics and advertising targeting. This website uses Statcounter for website statistics and analysis; this entails the use of a performance cookie from Statcounter but no personal information is collected. Please click here for detail on how to refuse Statcounter cookies.
Here is a breakdown of the common classifications:-
1) Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for the website to function, for you to navigate. Without these you will not be able to use the site. For example, shopping carts would not function without these.
2) Functional Cookies. These log information about options you may have selected and enable a website to tailor the information presented to you in a more personalised way. The cookies might also include flash cookies – which can be set using this link.
This may also include social sharing elements like ‘share’ or ‘like’.
3) Performance Cookies. Most websites will use tools for ensuring they deliver a quality and responsive service to their users. It is used in reporting data and helps the website owner design, measure and optimise their pages for the best user experience. The website owner may share this data with 3rd parties with who they may outsource the analysis and benchmarking to. Generally all this data is anonymous and not identifiable to you.
Managing cookies in your browser
Most modern browsers will allow you to:-
See what cookies you have got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies
- Block cookies from particular sites
- Block all cookies from being set
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser
You should be aware that any settings may be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block all cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. It is important not to just turn off cookies blindly as they may considerably hinder your online experience.
To disable cookies, please consult the help function in your browser, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further help and information. For mobile devices, please refer to information provided for your model.
Information Collection and Use
We are the sole owner of information collected on this site. We will never sell, share or rent this information to others. JCL Construction Ltd. collects information at various points on our website.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that JCL Construction Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by JCL Construction Ltd.
Notification of Changes